Physiotherapy is a holistic approach in diagnosing, treating and preventing disorders of human movement to enhance the health and welfare of the community. It is an evidence-based & scientifically proven effective solution for many types of injuries.
At Sport & Spinal Physiotherapy, we can help our clients from the Gungahlin, Canberra City, and wider Canberra community on a wide range of injuries and conditions including;
- sports injuries
- back pain
- neck pain
- joint pain
- nerve injuries
- disc injuries
- strains & sprains
- shoulder pain
- foot pain
- ankle pain
- elbow and wrist injuries
- clients who have a disability, poor balance and mobility
- knee pain
- work related injuries (eg. lifting)
- post-operative rehabilitation
- arthritis joint pain (eg. osteoarthritis)
- car accidents & whiplash
- posture-related problems
Why see us for your Physiotherapy needs?
We listen, we care and we get results
We are experienced in treating acute and chronic injuries
We keep up to date with current research on injury management
We can ultilise a number of our comprehensive services for best result
We have a real time ultrasound machine to ensure you correctly recruit your deep core muscles
You can use our gym for end stage rehabilitation
We nearly always prescribe exercises at each consultation
We provide self-management strategies
We provide advice on prevention to keep the pain away
We provide long appointments
At Sport & Spinal Physio in Gungahlin and Canberra City, our physios will work with you in providing a fast, effective and lasting solution to your problems. On your first visit, we will establish an accurate diagnosis and develop a ‘recommended action plan’. This will be done with input from yourself in the decision making to ensure that we are addressing your most important concerns. All physio treatment is quality evidence-based care and will usually include:
- Hands-on treatment such as joint mobilisations, manipulation and massage
- Customised exercise programs (stretches and strengthening) that are easy to fit into your normal daily routine and let you keep working on your recovery between sessions
- Corrective taping techniques
- Recommendations for support and bracing products that help speed up your recovery
- Real Time Ultrasound imaging so that you can see your core muscles working helping you to recruit the right muscles
- Advice on any important lifestyle factors such as desk postures and recreational activities or hobbies that may need to be adjusted to help you recover
- Electrotherapy agents such as therapeutic ultrasound or interferential to help settle your pain
- Heat or ice therapy to speed up your recovery
- Advice on strategies for prevention so that you never have to come back to us again for the same injury
- Dry Needling to promote healing
- Liaising with other involved health practitioners so that we are working together to achieve the best result for you
Our intensive internal & external clinical development program ensures that our physios are up to date with current research on best practice injury management, making sure you get the best care always.
No ongoing treatment without results
A solution to your condition will be found rapidly. We do not continue treatment without results. If results are not being achieved within the expected timeframe, we can provide a complimentary second opinion with another physiotherapist at your request.
Keeping the pain away
Usually there are many factors contributing to your pain, especially if it is recurrent or has been there for a long time. At Sport & Spinal Physio, we focus on not only getting rid of your pain, but also making sure that it doesn’t come back. To obtain lasting freedom from your pain, your treatment program will include exercises and therapeutic techniques to correct the underlying cause of your problem. To make sure you stay on track, we offer regular follow up consultations to make sure the risk factors that we eliminated are not starting to creep back.
An Integrated approach
We may combine physiotherapy with any number of our other services to get the best result. Sometimes we may even refer you to other health practitioners outside the scope of our clinical services. In the end your treatment is always about you – delivering the best treatment to get the best result.
Your privacy is always paramount to us. During your appointment, our therapist may need you to remove items of clothing in order to access the part of your body needing treatment. Only the areas necessary for assessment and treatment will be exposed. Underwear must be worn at all times during your appointment. We have shorts and singlet tops in each clinic, should you need them. We have curtained and private rooms available. At all times, clients and therapists should be comfortable in the treatment setting.