Massage Therapy, otherwise known as soft tissue therapy, is a holistic approach in diagnosing, treating and preventing muscle and connective tissue disorders through the systematic manipulation of the soft tissue structures of the body with pressure. Target tissues may include muscles, tendons, ligaments, skin, joints, or other connective tissue as well as lymphatic vessels. It has been scientifically proven to enhance muscle function, promote relaxation and wellbeing, increase circulation, reduce stress, reduce post exercise soreness, and improve work and sporting performance.
At Sport & Spinal Physiotherapy, our massage therapists work with clients from Gungahlin, Canberra City, and the wider Canberra community on a wide range of injuries and disorders including:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Muscle tightness and adhesions
- Headaches and migraines
- Car accidents and Whiplash
- Sports injuries
- Dance injuries
- Postural dysfunction
- Jaw pain
- Pre and post natal pregnancy
- Repetitive strain injury
- Arthritic conditions
- Frozen shoulder
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Muscle cramps
- Work related stress
Our massage therapists and physios are experts in human touch and work closely together to assess injuries and provide a fast, effective and lasting solution to your problems. On your first visit to Sport & Spinal Physio, your massage therapist will establish an accurate diagnosis and develop a ‘recommended action plan’ with input from yourself in the decision making to ensure that we are addressing your most important concerns. To get you back on track, our highly skilled and dedicated massage therapists will employ a variety of massage techniques such as:
- Trigger point
- Deep tissue
- Connective tissue (myofascial release)
- Pregnancy (using our comfortable belly pillows)
Dry needling and exercise prescription from your massage therapist can also assist in your recovery.
Why choose us for massage?
- We apply as much pressure as you want
- We have male and female massage therapists
- We have private enclosed rooms
- Massage can be integrated with many of our other services for an optimal outcome
- Our massage therapists provide a wide range of treatment techniques to suit your needs
- Physiotherapists are always on hand for complex pain problems should you need reassurance
- Essential oils available on request
- We have relaxing music and ambient light for a calming experience
- We provide singlet tops, gowns and shorts should you need them
- Our massage therapists are qualified and highly experienced in all types of massage techniques
- Our massage therapists can provide dry needling and prescribe exercises
What should you expect?
All massage treatment consults takes place in one of our private rooms. Clients are expected to partially undress to expose the area of concern and you will be given a towel to place over yourself. The massage treatment will take place on a massage table and parts of your body will be covered with a towel to maintain privacy.
Your privacy is always paramount to us. During your appointment, our therapist may need you to remove items of clothing in order to access the part of your body needing treatment. Only the areas necessary for assessment and treatment will be exposed. Underwear must be worn at all times during your appointment. We have shorts and singlet tops in each clinic, should you need them. We have curtained and private rooms available. At all times, clients and therapists should be comfortable in the treatment setting.
Our massage strategy effectively relieves areas of pain and tension with a pressure that is not overly uncomfortable. Your comfort is our priority and we will employ as much pressure as you wish whilst at the same time making sure that we get the job done. We also teach you to manage your tension between sessions and help you avoid a recurrence of your problem.
An ideal setting
Sweet smelling essential oils emitted from our oil burners are available on request. Ambient light and relaxing music also sets the mood for a calming experience.
Receive a bonus when you buy 5 or 10 packs of 60min massages
A 60min massage for the price of a 30min for the month of your birthday (email address required)
Refer a Friend and get a FREE 30min massage (email address required)